The Quick Beat
- Santa Clara County, CA – The County of Santa Clara 2021 Advisory Redistricting Commission is seeking community input on draft maps for new supervisorial district boundaries. There will be two opportunities for initial public comment on the draft maps. People can review the maps during virtual meetings on Wednesday, Oct. 20 at 6:30 p.m. and Saturday, Oct. 23 at 2 p.m.
Commission members have spent the past month taking public testimony from individuals and organizations on communities of interest to help draw the draft maps. People can review community input and the agenda materials at www.sccgov.org/2021redistricting.
- Santa Clara County, CA – The Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors voted unanimously on August 17 to close down East San Jose’s Reid-Hillview Airport. The move quickly followed a study that discovered elevated levels of lead in children living nearby. The closure process is expected to begin in 2022. The airport services small, private aircraft, which tend to generate high levels of lead.
Santa Clara County, CA – The County of Santa Clara released a new data dashboard on Wednesday, breaking out COVID-19 case rates by vaccination status. The latest numbers reflect what public health officials have been echoing in recent weeks: the Delta variant is fueling a surge in cases and the unvaccinated are at the highest risk of infections.
- Milpitas Rent Relief available NOW!
Are you behind on rent due to COVID/Pandemic-related causes and need some support?
Let the Milpitas Rent Relief program help you!The Rent Relief Program provides eligible recipients relief funding for:
- Rent/Deposit Relief
- Emergency Hardship Relief
- Eviction Prevention
- Domestic Violence Relocation
- Child & Family Homelessness Relief
- Section 8 Good Faith Deposits
Eligible recipients include the following:
- Students attending Milpitas Unified who are experiencing homelessness (McKinney-Vento)
- Seniors who are age 55 and older
- Disabled individuals
- Victims of domestic violence
- Emancipated foster youth and unaccompanied minors
- Individuals living in Subsidized Housing, including Section 8
- Other residents experiencing a high cost of living, on a case-by-case basis