The City of Milpitas is dedicated to providing our community with important information you need to understand the water and sewer systems in Milpitas. We are also dedicated to providing you, your family, your community and the businesses in our City high quality, reliable water and sewer service.
In accordance with the Milpitas Municipal Code, the City must set water and sewer rates to ensure sufficient revenues to fully recover 100 percent of the cost of services. The City retained an independent water rate consultant and an independent sewer rate consultant, to evaluate the City’s infrastructure needs and operations and maintenance costs, and to prepare rate studies and cost of service analyses for the City. Based on these studies, water and sewer rate increases are proposed to take effect April 1, 2019, and to be increased each July 1 thereafter, commencing July 1, 2019, through and including July 1, 2022.
In addition to the public hearing on February 5, 2019, the City of Milpitas is hosting a series of workshops to help our community better understand the budget and infrastructure challenges facing the water and sewer systems and review proposed rate increases. Please join us!
To learn more, visit www.ci.milpitas.ca.gov/watersewer2018 and to request a neighborhood meeting, please call (408) 586-2600.
Help restore Tidal Marsh, a very important part of conserving our South Bay wildlife and protecting infrastructure from sea level rise. You will be adding plants in the transition zone between marsh and uplands.
Since this event is during migration, you will be able to see a large variety of birds.
Mark you calendar for a community event you don’t want to miss. Presenting our celebrity MC Sandy Stec, comedian, radio personality, lifelong student, and Milpitas alumni .
Join us February 22nd for amazing shorts by fantastic local filmmakers, popcorn and networking. It’s the best way to see your film on the big screen!
7:30 Event Begins
8:30 Feature presentation
If you have a trailer/preview for a film project send it in and we’ll play it before the screenings begin.
Interested in becoming a SCREEN! sponsor? Shoot us an email and we’ll chat! We have TV spots available in the bar and booths for display.
1. Films must be produced in whole or in part by Bay Area artists, to be determined at the discretion of the SCREEN! Committee, and must meet the time requirements.
2. Credit reels exceeding 10 seconds will be cut after 10 seconds of play in consideration of time constraints.
3. Films must be accompanied by a completed, signed submission form. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. We try to avoid using our opinions when screening submissions so we generally avoid rejecting films at all costs, but we may reject a film if the quality of resolution or audio is such that it might damage our equipment or our audience. We may also reject a film due to content if we feel it is excessively vulgar, deliberately in bad taste, or generally does not fit the atmosphere we are trying to create at SCREEN!
5. By all means, be offensive, be rude, be racist or sexist, but don’t make the audience riot and don’t make them vomit. We need our deposit back.
6. Also, SCREEN! is not a political platform. Don’t do it. Unless a SCREEN! event is dedicated to film in politics…then do it.
Join us Friday, March 1, 2019 for our Annual Auction & Crab Feed! Enjoy a sumptuous meal of cold, freshly cracked crab, salad, pasta, and french bread prepared by our fabulous Culinary Team! With a Silent Auction, Live Desert Auction, Crab Pot Bonanza, Balloon Chances, No Host Bar & much more!